The Bike

I found a bike on SVrider.com that seemed to be everything I wanted. It has some damage, so I don't have to worry about dropping it (it's already happened twice). Here's the post from that site:


Lexington, KY, yellow 2004 sv650s, 25,000 miles and counting...

The bike has been down, front forks were replaced with 05 barely used forks and front rim was replaced with new from factory.

Front fairing is plastic welded together... quite a few cracks in the front fairing. A front fairing runs $240 from dealer. http://www.oneidasuzuki.com
The gas tank has a 3x2 inch dent in it, and paint inside that dent is scraped. I'd guess its probably $250 to fix... comparing to work a friend had done.

I have ridden the bike alot... took it across the country and back. I take good care of it mechanically so I dont get stranded. I replaced the sprockets, chain, air filter, all fluids last season. And, of course, the oil has been changed on schedule with Rotella, every 3k miles and before and after storing for winter.

The bike has a fairly new (bought end of last season) Leo Vince SBK exhaust (mean sounding, $300 new), Frame sliders, swingarm spools, really nice Corbin seat ($260 new).

Spares: stock seat, stock exhaust, 04 yellow front fender (almost new)

These pictures are up to date... I tried to show the front fairing and the dent in the tank on the left side.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

0 comments: