What the Hell was I thinking?

I rode to work today.

I had lunch at my favorite little Puerto Rican restaurant, and imagined the how much better the day would be if I rode back in to work. I took the small access road and various other connecting roads to the shop I store my bike at. After the recon mission was complete, I knew the road was clear, and that traffic was not tooooooo bad. I had butterflies as I mounted the bike and rode it out of the shop.

The ride back was uneventful, although I did try to get a truck to drive around me at the first major intersection. I didn't stall it once. It felt great getting up to speed, but my throttle control is still choppy. This is amplified by the fact that the SV exhibits significant engine braking. (That is, when you let off the throttle, it slows down QUICKLY, as if I put on the brakes.) This upsets the balance of the bike, and is never advisable. I know this because Keith Code told me so. :)

The strange thing is, I felt an adrenaline dump after I got off the bike and walked into the building. You get such a rush on the bike that when the ride is over, your body doesn't know what to think. God I love riding.





Now I just need someone to ride it back. C.O.B. traffic sucks. :)

0 comments: